Thursday 4 August 2011

Automatic conversion from PR to PO for direct shipment

Hello AFS Gurus,

In stantard SAP, while using direct shipment in SD (item category
TAS), it's possible to get a PR automatically converted into PO by
assigning a fixed vendor to the right place. For some technical
reason, this is not supported. If my memory is not bad, conversion
from PR to PO is done through workflow task and I don't see any "huge
technical" reasons that could explain why this was never enhanced for
AFS. Of course it's not hard to schedule ME59N or to develop an in-
house add-on for this, I (customers) would prefer to get that part of
the AFS package.

PS: Mahesh asked me to make that group active, that's what I'm trying
even if I don't have the level of knowledge that most of you have !

Regards,

Mehdi LAHMER

2 comments:

AFS-User-Network said...

I am not sure about this but still wanted to comment


If System has Consupmption point as PR in Vendor Capacity then probably it should fail from technical perspective.

It won't allow PR=> PO.

Regards
Subham

AFS-User-Network said...

Hi Mehdi,

It is possible to do this. But this was developed starting AFS 6.3.
You have to use the item category ALES.

The technical limitations don’t exist for this anymore.
What is the release you are on?

Regards,
Nitin