Thursday 4 August 2011

APO and AFS Options

Hello,
 
I'm a traditional AFS consultant working exclusively in the ECC/R3
system. I've been involved several times in different discussion for
using both APO and AFS.
Stock category management is an important/major feature within the AFS
solution, as it is potentially strongly used in modules SD/MM/PP/WM/QM/
WM. When I first looked at APO, to my surprise, I discovered that such
a function was not supported by APO SNP ! With a couple of
enhancements it's possible to plug APO DP and to handle categories,
however, it was much more complex/costly in regards to SNP. Actually
SAP recommends to not use AFS categories with APO SNP.

Mehdi

1 comment:

AFS-User-Network said...

Hi Mehdi,

Categories are not supported with SNP as integration of coverage strategy with SNP is not that simple.
Further CTM / SNP Heuristics have not been found suitable to handle the data explosion in case the categories are also integrated similar to grids.

DP is easier as it can work with characteristics. To my knowledge it's not possible to plan with characteristics in SNP.

Regards,
Nitin